Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Revival!

Holy crap! It had been more than 3 MONTHS since i've updated my blog. Blame it on the bloody EXAMS, which have not even ENDED yet! Thank you Mr. Tan for forgetting to set the Mod Maths paper 1 questions! Oh well, I think its about time to revive the blog now :P


Hmm... since I feel like it, let's blog about some new Gadgets that i've got? :P


First up, my Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 camera which I got on 30th August 2009(Yes I remember the exact date! *GASP*)






Sexy Eh?




Got it in Summit for RM1600. it was on promotion when i went there! It was one of the last 3 units available! Anyway, thanks to this camera, you'd be seeing random pics on this blog a lot more often :P

Lazy discuss the specs and features, will do that on a seperate post next time



Lummi Wee NS


Well, if you don't know what this is, its a flashlight.





And its REEEEAAAAAAALYYYY small!




Comparism shot with a 50c coin, a regular AA battery, and the light itself! The blue thing there is the battery its using, which is a Lithium Ion(YES! Same type as those in ur phone!) 90mAh cell!


Damage? Rm385 for the light, charger, 2 batteries and tritium vials.


Worth it? HELL YEAH!! Wear it everyday, even to school!


Speaking of Tritium, watch the Tritium GLOW!!




No, obviously it ain't THAT bright, just a photography technique i used . But trust me, its bright in total darkness all right!


Bright Bright Bright!! Thats the only thing i can say about it. Check this beamshot out! This is pretty much what you're looking at in real life.


Last up, my Gigabyte GM-R04 Optical Gaming Mouse!


My previous mouse was starting to act a little conky when the right click button decided to act unresponsively. Plus, my old mouse doesn't feel that comfortable during long use. I NEED a mouse that is ergonomically comfortable since I usually spend more than 5hrs a day in front of a PC!




The Gigabyte mouse have very goot ergonomics, all the curves at all the right places, indented thumb rest makes it even more comfortable to use for long hours. It is also noticably heavier than my old mouse, maybe twice the weight, which is a good thing. Not only is the ergonomics way better than my old mouse, the Gigabyte also gives me 2 extra buttons right above the thumb rest, which is programmable to any key i want. Currently its set to Double Click and Back. Thanks to this, it feels weird double clicking when using someone else's PC now! . DPI sensitivity up to 2000DPI ain't bad, plus it have a DPI-switch-on-the-fly button. IMO, 2000DPI is pretty overkill. On my miniscule 17" monitor, the 1200DPI setting is more than enough!


Damage? Only RM58!! IMO, its WAAAAAAAAAY more worth it than say, a RAZOR Krait, which is used in most cyber cafes in SS15. The Gigabyte is heavier, comfier, more sensitive(if i need it to), more responsive, have more buttons, and most importantly, its cheaper! Rm58 for the Gigabyte vs. RM109 for the Krait!



Fun Facts!
1. I'm gonna be working this weekend, and also during the Nov + Dec holiday.



You can find me at Orbit IT Centre located in Subang Parade Digital One, Lower Floor



2. All the photos+videos that i took with the LX3 takes up a whopping 11.2GB, and it had only been 1.5 months since i'd had it!


3. I had snapped more than 4000 photos in less than 2 months!

0 comments: