Thursday, May 28, 2009

English.


Before you start reading, just to tell you that this blog post is longer than usual. If you're the lazy type who hate to read long blog entries, you may hit Alt+F4 now. Else, read on!


Went to school expecting to get screwed by Suseela get my Phyiscs marks, but knnmcb, PHYISCS TEACHER ABSENT!! WTF?!?!


Well, coz of the shitty attendence today, only our Add Maths teacher actually taught today, other teachers were either absent or doing nothing, sitting at the front of the class like some super model shit.


Left the class and walked to the sub-science class in blok flora(bloody names, cb hard to remember!), chit-chat with some friends in the class. They were having Mod Maths during that time and they were having a trainee teacher. I seriously LOL'D when she thought i was her class! When she asked where was my books, i said i did not bring my books coz i thought they were gonna discuss the exam paper LOL! Shortly after that, the actual class teacher came(talk about timing!). But luckily it was to call more people to help arrange the chairs for tomorrow's Teachers Day. Seeing that I'm bored, decided to go there to use up my time help them.


Halfway arranging the chairs, I remembered that after Physics was English and we had not received our English Essay paper yet. Went back to the class to find teacher to get back my exam paper. When she laid eyes on me, immedietly she said 'JIN WEI! Come here', I thought I screwed up my essay and she wanna screw me back, mana tau that sentence continued with 'Wow, your essay is very good, its the best essay I've read from this class. Hell, I want you to read it to the class now!'. My mind went blank for a moment in order to process that sentence. How the hell did i get the best essay? Hell, I thought i was gonna get a B or C coz i felt that my essay was pretty messy and was a rushed job.


Well, as far as I am shocked, I was quite happy too. Totally did not expect my essay to score a whopping 45 out of 50! Pretty cool shit man! Anyway, read the story to the whole class and stuttered on some sections where i couldn't read my own handwriting coz of some dust in my eyes. Teacher proceeded asking me what book do i read, New Moon? She was shocked when I told her I don't read no shit books(pun intended), unless if you count Doraemon? But hey, thats in BM! I guess lurking online, browsing forums and reading reviews DOES helps your Essay writing and grammer. Now I have a pretty good reason to browse the net if my mom asks what i do in front of the pc for the whole day :P


Hell, she even requested me to type out the essay and print it on some coloured paper so that she can paste it up on the English Society board!(Uhm... Since when do we even have an English Society?)


Anyway, heres the essay that i wrote. If you see any mistakes, please drop me a comment as I have to get this done with purrrr-fect English after the holidays.

Write a story beginning with:
"The lights went out suddenly......................"

The lights went out suddenly as the fuel tank for the backup generators went dry. Now I am in this small hut without electricity, nothing to generate heat to warm up the hut. The temperature outside is at least -98c now and the temperature inside had already dropped from 10c to -5c in less than 10 minutes. At this rate, I will freeze to death in this puny hut I call a Safehouse by tomorrow if i did not do anything about it.


Few weeks ago, the world entered into a state of chaos when the World Government announced that we would be entering the Second Ice Age. Temperatures dropped from 20c to the freezing point of water in a matter of days, and had continued to drop ever since. After the announcement was made, people rushed into sores, getting prepared for the worst. Petrol stations went dry as everyone stocked up on reserves, but luckily, I managed to grab the last 50 litres, which was used to power the generator in the safehouse.


The Space Age had finally came to a standstill, and now entering the Ice Age. We are forced to live like cavemen as power stations shut down because of the extreme temperatures. Communications to the world had been cut off. I only had a mini radio which was powered by a hand-crank to update me on the outside world.


Back to the present, I knew my chance of survival would be zero if i did not find a way to make a fire. Heck, even my food supply was running low. I knew what I had to do. I left the comfort and safety of my safehouse with a sled, searching for food and firewood to heat up the small safehouse, and hopefully, generate some electricity with old-school steam. Finally after walking for an hour, I managed to find a suitable tree to be used as firewood. I took out an axe and started chopping the tree, being careful not to make too much sound so as to not attract attention.


While chopping the tree, I noticed some weird sounds coming from the bushes around me. It sounded like silent footsteps on snow, and I had a feeling that someone, or at least, something, is watching me. I got my shotgun in one hand and my axe in the other, just in case. Sure enough, there was a pack of wolves surrounding me. One of the wolves leapt towards me, I quickly took aim and took it down. Almost instantly, the whole pack was charging at me. Wolves are well known to work in packs, ambushing their prey, working together and doing whatever it takes to take it's prey down.


I knew I was in big trouble. Immedietly, I fired my shotgun and had managed to take down all but one of the wolves. Without hesitation, I took aim and squeezed the trigger hard. "OH SHIT!", I said to myself, as absolutely NOTHING happened after i squeezed the trigger. No loud bang, nothing. I had run out of bullets in the worst possible situtation. The next thing i know, the wolf was already on top of me, pinning me onto the ground, breathing right on my face. It tried to bite my neck, but thanks to my quick reflexes, I managed to block it with the barrel of my shotgun. Seeing an opportunity, I quickly reached for the switchblade in my pocket and stabbed it in the neck before it managed to do anything to me.


I pushed the wolf aside and stood up, checking my body for injuries. I let out a sigh of relief as all I got was some cuts and bruises. How nice, I thought. Not only did I manage to find my firewood, but I also found about a month's worth of food supply. I chopped the remaining wood and loaded up everything onto my sled and started the long journey back.


I arrived home and immedietly started up the fire to warm up the hut. Its ironic really, just 50 years ago, the Earth was facing global warming. Now, it had entered the second Ice Age.



If the plot sounds familiar to you, then yea, its very loosely based on the movie "The Day After Tomorrow".

Hope you enjoy reading my essay :P

0 comments: